Crazy About Quotes

Friday's Inspired Scrapper was all about Quotes. Here are some projects I created using quotes...

A Wall Hanging made from Technique Tuesday tiles. It's a quote from the tv series "Firefly", and it reminds me that my friends are always there for me...all I need to do is lean on them.



One of my all-time favourite quotes, on a 4x4 mini canvas made into a fridge magnet. I took this sunset photo on our Crop n' Cruise Carribean trip in November. With Allison Orthner beside me giving great photo advice, it's hard not to take a good photo!


A 12x12 layout of my youngest girl, being the quirky and amazing person that she is. Lady Gaga quote from her song "Born This Way".


Here are some of my other favourite quotes:

"I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up." - Tom Lehrer

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life." - Eric Hoffer

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

And this one of Christy Riopel's favourite quotes, which she shared with me last night (sorry, girl, but I'm stealing it;), "When people try to hold you back and bring you down, it's because they are behind and beneath you."

And thanks to Katarina, Cari and Christy for a fantastic evening. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! You ladies are the BEST!!! Mwah<3

posted under |

7 comments:

Anna Zalamea said...

Beautiful projects as always, Sonja!! very inspiring! loved the quotes too :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Seriously...you take yourself much too seriously. We have all been having a chuckle over this fore the last few days. Don't think the truth about you is well known and except for your few friends who hang on your every word, the rest ofus have you all figured out. The Alberta scrapbooking scene can have you. You've been used up in the Lower Mainland.
Best Wishes,
Deanna

Sonja said...

Thanks for sharing, Deanna, and I'm glad I could give you & your friends some entertainment. lol!

Anna Zalamea said...

Deanna, your post reeks of jealousy. So sad and immature that you are misrepresenting "the rest" of the scrapbookers in the Lower Mainland. By posting such a negative comment, perhaps it is you (and your friends) that are taking things much too seriously. Lighten up and rid yourself of hate. Best wishes.

Nancy said...

Sonja one thing I have to say here is that your classes are from from serious, don't get me wrong, it's work and the end results are always amazing. But serious? I have never laughed as much in any other class or crop. We all laugh and everyone is so relaxed when you teach. Keep up the great work, because I anxiously await your next class.

Felicia said...

Deanna, I guess my vote ballot got lost in the mail when you were up for election as "spokesperson" for all scrapbookers in the Lower Mainland. You certainly don't speak on my behalf or my other scrapbooking friends in the community. Get over yourself and buy yourself a dictionary so that you can learn how to spell properly before "dissing" someone!

And Sonja, you are a beautiful person for being so generous in your reply back to her

brian said...

So glad to see your child's first Communion. I pray things are as good as your writing suggest.

Brian
Seattle

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

Stay-at-home mommy to four and scrapbook/photography enthusiast, looking to share a little inspiration with crafters everywhere.

Search This Blog